Friday, April 17, 2009

Gonna Have a Wild Buckin' Weekend


We entered Stubby in another futurity this weekend. So tomorrow morning we will load him up and head out. Hopefully, with us hauling him this time, he won't have as many "issues" as he did at the last futurity. We've hauled him several times since then and he's not caused us any problems. I think he has a phobia about enclosed trailers. Our trailer is an open stock trailer. My rent-a-husband hauled him in is an enclosed aluminum trailer. That's the only thing I can figure that made him wig out so bad.

So keep your fingers crossed for us. I will be twittering as the day goes on if you want the play by play.


In other buckin' news, the Husband took Death Wish to a local jackpot on Wednesday night. It took forever to find a guy to get on him. No one wanted any part of him. They thought he might be mean or something! I don't know where they got that idea. I don't think the Husband told them his name. Maybe he was snarlin' his nose at them when they walked by his pen. He has a habit of doing that when he gets agitated. I think it's cute, but of course, I'm not gettin' on his back!
A kid finally volunteered to get on him. He lasted longer than I thought he might. See for yourself....


11 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Yup , I suspect a few people would have trouble gettin on something called "deathwish"! but those bull riders...

Shirley said...

Bull did a good job; let's hope Stubby does too!

Unknown said...

Thems a bucker! For sure.

Homestay Mama said...

Ahh, what memories! Watching the cowboys ride the Brahma bulls was my favorite part of the rodeos that I attended as a girl at the Clackamas County Fair in Canby, Oregon!

Gecko said...

Now he can move!!! =P

Good luck!!!

Lil Mama said...

This is a great clip.
First I love the total make-out music playin in the back ground.
Second. Thats quite a little bull you have. I'll be interested to see more of him as he gets older. Not that I know a whole lot, but he looks like a bucker.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Cool video - I think the kid did pretty well!

Stubby has the most beautiful markings and coloration. What does he have in him besides bovine genes and P&V?

Reddunappy said...

Even if Stubby doesnt buck, he will be the best dressed bull there! He has realy cool markings!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Stubby is a cutie. I like his half brindle and half blue tick coloring! :-)

Jen

Tatersmama said...

What a beautiful little bucker!
(why does it seem so naughty to write that??) Even if he doesn't buck, he could have a career in the movies or something!

Andrea said...

Death Wish, *chuckle*, why didn't anyone want to ride him? He is a pretty nice bull! The kid did a good job on him.