Monday, January 6, 2014

Five Things I've Learned in the Last Month

1.  Wives rejoice, nagging saves lives. Men are cringing at the thought, I know. But if I had not nagged the Husband about going to the doctor, this would have not been detected. So there!  Nag away my sistas.

2.  Hot doctors do actually exist outside of my television! The Husband asked me what I thought of the bone cancer doctor after our first visit. To which I quickly responded, "I like him!" Husband said cause he's cute!  Well yea! I advised the Husband I would be sending his orthopedic doc a thank you note for that referral. 

3.  The biopsy prep area has a great rapid response time. I may have fainted as I attempted to walk to the bathroom after getting lightheaded while the nurse was jacking with the Husband's IV. A doctor caught me on my way down.  I woke up thinking "please don't pee on yourself, please don't pee on yourself!" The Husband thought it was pretty funny.  I told him I just needed a quick power nap. Now I am known as "Oh, you're the one."

4.  Taking a very doped up husband to eat pancakes (because he dreamed about them while he was asleep for the biopsy) can be quite entertaining. However, when he becomes impatient waiting for the check and starts banging his coffee cup on the table, one must use her low, very stern "stop that right now" voice.  Of course, he remembers none of this which makes for good blackmail. ;)

5.  And most recently, we learned that we're surrounded by tons of awesome supportive friends and family.  We have always joked that I have no friends but now I can prove him wrong. And seriously, I live to prove him wrong. :)

8 comments:

kipper said...


It is really hard to be patient while waiting for biopsy results. Hope you get good news soon. In the meantime, we'll keep praying!

Gail said...

I have no words but you have your humor and your love for each other. That will get you through.

So, you're the one...

Anonymous said...

May God be with you! Prayers will be sent.

Reddirt Woman said...

I think the kickapoo joy juice they put people out with makes you hungry... All I wanted to do after they put me out for a brain scan years ago was go out for breakfast. I remember being hungry but not what I had to eat and was told I was funny as hell... Prayers for good news on the biopsy.

Shirley said...

Just got my computer back, been off since Christmas- sure wasn't expecting to read about this! I'll keep George in my prayers for a full and rapid recovery.

small farm girl said...

I had to use that stern voice when my husband kept yelling he was Superman. He was in the hospital with kidney stones. Enjoy the black mail. :-)

Nicole said...

For your blackmail, get out the phone and video tape him!!

Anonymous said...

KIT
THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS THIS PAST YR I HAVE NOT CAME SOUTH TO BUY MY SHIRT FROM YOU THEY HAVE SENT ME TO MILWALKEY AN THEN BACK TO KANSAS ON MY CANSUR TO TREAT IT ON TOP OF THAT HAD 4 KIDNEY SURG AN BOTH EYES SURG AN NOW TO HEAR ABOUT UR HUSBON COME ON ITS TIME TO RIDE BULLS NOT THIS HANG IN THERE PRAYING 4 U
HENRY IN WICHITA