Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crazy M Update

It's been a whirlwind around here.  So many things going on.  First, I will say I haven't shot anything with my pink BB gun yet!  Not even the Husband!  So this past weekend, I moved into my very own photography studio.


I know!!  Can you believe it?!  I really wanted a place to meet clients and showcase my work.  I have my western prints for sell.  Have a back area that I am setting up for a small studio.  The front was fixed up nice.  The back, not so much!  So on Saturday, the Husband and I started ripping out nasty sheet rock.  Guess what we found?


Yep!  An old brick wall!  How perfect!  Automatic backdrop!  So we spent the weekend getting the shop cleaned and stuff moved in.  I finally have a spare room again!

Then on Monday I got up REAL early to head in for live TV!  Can you believe a local news station wanted to do a story on lil ol me?!  They were probably having second thoughts when I walked in and tripped over a cord attached to the camera.  Almost took it out!  I'm so graceful!

So I was on live twice that morning during the news broadcast.  Scary!  I tried to keep my dorkiness in check but it's hard.  Then they did an interview and shot some video of me taking pictures at the shelter.  They did that story at 6 and 10p.  I truly think that is WAY too much wife in one day for anyone!  Would you like to see the story?


So how freakin' cool is that?

I also competed in the marathon on January 1st to raise money for the shelter and low cost spay/neuter clinic.  I raised a total of $1600!!  So half went to the medical fund at the clinic and the other half is sponsoring 15 spay/neuter procedures for cattle dogs!  So 15 dogs will be fixed for free!

Okay, what else?  My Christmas tree is still up because I haven't had time to take it down.  The husband asked me this weekend if we were gonna be rednecks and leave it up all year.  Ha ha!  I will get it down....eventually.

All the animals are doing well.  We should be working calves this week sometime.  Hopefully!  It keeps getting put off due to weather and various other issues.  Harley had TEN teeth removed last week.  Had to sell a cow to pay for that!  But the old man needed it and he's doing well.  All the other monsters (Diesel, Lucky and Penelope) are still running amuck!

Anyhow, what's up with you?


20 comments:

Trainwreck said...

Oh Kit I am so proud of you!! You are so talented! The interview was awesome!You are giving those pooches a second chance for sure<3 Love the new studio also. You are going to do greater things this year my sweet sister!

Shirley said...

Kit, you rock! That was a pretty good interview, bet it helped more dogs find homes. Does this mean you've given up your day job and are going into photography full time? Sure hope so. We all knew you could do it.

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Very proud of you! That's a feel-good story for sure.

ps: when I was a kid we had a tree up til after St. Patrick's day. Mom decorated it with 4-leaf clovers and I had to help cut them out. It was a real tree, too!

Jenny Glen said...

That is SO AWESOME!

Leah said...

Great story - congrats! Increase of 20% - Yahoo! that is wonderful... missing your posts but wow you've been busy... Anxious to hear more about your studio...

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Exciting news! I teared up watching the vid on FB SO proud to know you !Bet your studio is going to be a huge success

LindaG said...

I am so glad to see that your amazing photography has succeeded so well. Congratulations!

There's nothing wrong with being redneck, either. ;-)

Have a great week and good luck with calving!

Dawson Cattle Company said...

Congratulations! that is so great for you.

Linda said...

Congratulations on the TV interview! You have done such amazing work for the shelter. You deserve a pat on the back at 6 and 10pm ;-) And hurray for the new studio! Can't wait to see what's in store next.

Nicole said...

Oh wow, that's so awesome, and loved your tv interview! We got to see you with animals in your zone :)

lisa said...

Now how awesome is that! Good for you girl, coming up in the world with all your hard work!

Lil Mama said...

So totally awesome!

Homestay Mama said...

You go girl! :-)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Kit! That is awesome what you are doing! Proud of you!
(ps....LOVE your pink duds too!)

Whoapony said...

your Awesome for what you are doing!!! so proud for you. T.V. interview was great

Anonymous said...

You are the greatest.. doing good things. love you Mom from Washington.

Janice said...

Way to go Kit. That Shelter is so lucky to have you...betcha a few more animals get adopted because that was a good interview. Good luck with the new shop...although you probably don't need it ...your work will sell itself.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

that is so cool - your piece on the news and especially what you are doing!!!! you are making some animals and people verrrrry verrrrry happy.
- - The Equestrian Vagabond

Marge in Michigan said...

Kit, where are you? You haven't blogged for a long, long time. I know you're BUSY but I sure miss you.

gtyyup said...

Way to go!!! You're doing an awesome job...20% increase in adoptions!!! YES!