Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Back!

Phew, and worn out!  The husband had his surgery on Monday.  It took about 4 hours but all went well.  Finally got him in a room around 6:30p that evening.  We had many issues with the hospital.  Imagine that.  Nothing ever goes smoothly for us!  I went back and forth, taking care of him and the animals.

He was discharged late Wednesday afternoon and so ready to go home.  He was a plaid fashion nightmare though!


He did NOT enjoy the 3 miles of dirt road to the house.  No matter how fast or slow I drove, the bumps were killing him.  But I got him home and settled in as well as possible.

Thursday his dad flew in.  Glad to have some back up cause I was really worn out.  So tired I began doing really stupid things like cutting my finger with the aluminum foil box, sticking my finger in a cow's mouth only to get it back bloody!  I mean really, I'm running out of fingers to bandaid!

So today, the Husband decided he was feeling good enough to go to the PBR in Dallas with his dad.  We had tickets for an owner's suite again this year.  Plus the friend they are going with has a parking pass for under the stadium.  They can go under, valet park, then go straight from the elevator to the suite.  I was worried about him getting bumped in the crowd but with that, he won't have to worry about the crowds.  We'll see how well he does.  I still think he'll be hurting a good bit just from the drive and being up and around.  But of course, what do I know!!  So I stayed home to rest and not deal with it! ;)

Hope y'all are doing well.  I have a giveaway coming within the next couple days so check back with me!

23 comments:

Dee said...

Glad you survived! Men can be babies, you know. ;) LOL

lisa said...

He is entitled to be a little miss matched! Hope he gets back to his old self soon. Make sure you pamper yourself while he is gone! Might be your only chance ;)

Jenny Glen said...

Glad the surgery is over and he made it home!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Glad to hear it all went well for your hubby. Hope you're getting lots of rest to get back on track:)
And of course they couldn't miss the PBR!! Have a relaxing weekend!

Tammy Vasa said...

Not only is he sporting the plaid fashion statement but he looks pregnant! LOL! Very funny picture.

Glad you get some alone time to take care of those fingers while they are at the PBR. I am so not a good caregiver.

Country Whispers said...

He most definitely made a fashion statement!
Glad you both are back and wishing him a speedy recovery. (for his sake and yours :0)

Linda said...

LOL He could hang out with the Bossman and go fit in at the Hutterites with that get-up. Glad he's feeling better.

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Hope he is better and hope you got caught up!

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like a fresh hospital case to me. I can imagine the bumpy ride didn't feel good.

Hope he does ok athe PBR. He'll probably crash bigtime when he gets home.

LindaG said...

So many hospitals seem to be terrible.
Glad to hear he's doing well. Hope he continues to heal quickly.
Take care and have a blessed Sunday!

Shirley said...

Nothing like a PBR to lift his spirits! Hope he heals quick, and you just keep your fingers outta cow mouths!

Lil Mama said...

Hope your hubby is better at being sick/laid up then mine. I think I'd rather throw my self on a granade.

Nikker said...

I worked the ortho floor as a CNA for 3 years...the clenched fist says it all to me!
Tough surgery and recovery.
Best wishes for both of you! (0:

ellie k said...

wishing your man a speedy recovery, tell him not to push it, give himself some time to heal.
this week end fun turned into a loss for our small town, a 16 year old girl bull rider was throwed off and kicked in the chest. she had on a chest pad but did not survive the kick. please pray for the family of Brooke Ann Coats.

RURAL said...

I kind of like that comment about Men being babies, it's rather well apt.

But I am happy to hear that your husband is feeling up to going out. That's great news.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

The Wildwood said...

Do not let George hear you say that men a babies! Oh...that makes mine so irritable and maybe George is not that sensitive, but they usuallly don't like the truth in that matter. LOL Yes, seems a little soon to be going out like that but men don't like orders either.....
Glad you are getting some time to relax and hope your cold is gone now.

Gail said...

The word verification is Bless...so bless you and rest. May your hubby heal quickly.

Mama Mess said...

So glad he made it through ok! I hope he's on the mend and you are too!

Nicole said...

So glad everything went ok! My husband has surgery on his leg in March... I'll feel your pain then... LOL.

Mom said...

Hope your husband heals up quickly. I also hope you get some much better weather soon.

I love your photos!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Gotta love a man in plaid!

Anonymous said...

In my world plaid is good no matter what. Hope he heels up quick (for your sake).

CTG Ponies said...

I hope he's feeling better!!