Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bikini Challenge-A New Chapter

So no more running (well, until my next race on 4/24) but really, no more running.  That put a kink in my current exercise game plan.  I ♥ to run.  I feel like I get the best workout running.  I sweat like a mad woman when I run.  I feel accomplished when I run.  I can rate my progress with time and distance when I run.  It's just my thing.  So the change of pace is hard.

Starting last week, I began using the elliptical.  It's okay but not the same.  And I used the bike a few times.  Boring.  So I pulled out my old faithful book.


It helped me get super fit way back in my workout fanatic days.  I set me up a strength training program.  Might as well get me some guns during my running prohibition.   Now I just have to wait to start it.  I leave for South Carolina early Sunday morning for two weeks.  I didn't want to start it this week, wait two weeks and restart.  But I'm excited to get it going.

As far as my eating, I'm doing really well.  I've been off refined sugar for a couple weeks now.  Sticking with portion control and making good decisions.  I've only been drinking water and diet Snapple green tea.  Even cut out my Sprite Zeros.  Well, I ran out and after a week without them, I decided I didn't miss them.  So all is good on that front.

My weight is back to where it was before my slip ups.  Well, actually about 0.5 lb lighter so I'm back on track there as well.  Just have 20 lbs to lose by July 4th.  Yikes!!

I've had a few people ask about my leg since the race.  Umm, when you don't listen to doctor's orders, you tend to pay the price.  I'm really sore and stiff.  But it's still attached so I guess we're all good!  Thanks for all the encouragement!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't kill yourself just to get fit!

Dusty Devoe said...

Keep up the good work!

Dee said...

You're doing so good! Oh gawd, you're gonna make the rest of us feel like whales when you do your swimsuit photoshoot!! LOL

Leah said...

Wow a swimsuit photoshoot that is a thought....will it have a western flair? Hee Hee! Wow your dog kids will miss you -- two weeks! Take care! Your eating habits are doing wonderful ---

Lil Mama said...

I have to say way to go. I am inspired to lose a little weight myself. I don't know if I have the same will power that you do.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

You are doing so well ! go girl! hope the leg mends quickly now

The Wildwood said...

You have such a discipline and I wish I had it.....

Kelly said...

Wow you just sound it very easy and simple. I admire you focus and determination.

I hope to find the right attitude toward my weight problem through this!

Thanks for sharing!

Mama Mess said...

I'm slowly getting my body back ready to start lifting again. You are inspiring me girl and I'm thankful to "know" you! Be safe on your trip! Oh yeah and I agree with Growing up a Country girl.......you def need the cowboy hat and boots on with the bikini! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I don't care for the elleptical either but it is easier on the bod........Get a fan and point it at your face....makes life easier. I think that's what I hate about indoor excercise the most...no breeze.

Maria said...

Glad to hear you still have your leg. I was also wondering how they got my picture for that book cover... hmmm I think I need some royalty pay ;-)

Steph said...

Hey - I'm not near as brave as you to post about my weight battle - but then again my battle is MUCH MUCH larger than yours lol! But ...I have really bad knees and I went to the C2 Rower - it's awesome. You may want to check that out.

lisa said...

You go Girl! Keep up the good work and take care of that leg, there is always next year or when that leg is a 100%!

Farmchick said...

You are doing awesome!!! Good for you! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Geez, you sound like me. The leg's still attached so it's OK. LOL We are our own worst enemies, I'm thinking.

Not doing the form of exercise you love is hard though. I'm not much on exercise either except in the forms I'm like. And boy do I agree that bike thing is B O R I N G! Can't even make myself do that one. I can tolerate the eliptical for about twenty minutes and then my brain has turned to mush from lack of stimulation. LOL

Twenty pounds by July sounds like it's going to take a LOT of exercise no matter what form you chose. I'm sure pulling for you.

Farmchick said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy Easter. Come say hi!

Andrea said...

I did the same exact thing with my calf! I was running and I thought it was just a cramp and boy was I wrong. I ran through it and boy was that a mistake!! I couldn't run for 4 weeks and then walking was an issue for the first week! It's nice now that it's better, I still haven't made it back to 3 miles yet. But I now do a lot of stretching before and after I run. I also drink more water. I think that had a lot to do with it.

But you take care of that leg!! And keep on track with that bikini challenge. I need to drop the same amount of weight too!!