Monday, March 23, 2009

My Little Boys

Let me begin by saying Sunday did not start off smoothly. It began around 4 AM when my Yorkie, Harley, needed to go outside. After he finished his business, I went back to bed expecting to drift asleep. But no way Jose. The Husband was congested and snoring. When he stopped snoring, his nose would whistle. Argh! So I had to make a decision about the nasal symphony, either smother him with his pillow or go to the recliner in the living room. I debated over it for what seemed hours, but I finally decided to go to the recliner (was lazy, didn't feel like disposing of a body). I managed to get a few more hours of sleep before the Husband walked thru to fix his coffee and wondered who was in the chair. Yeah, he didn't even realize I wasn't in bed!

So after a late start, it was time to load the bulls. First shot out of the box, I got all the yearlings to the load alley. But Zena was in front of the trailer and the husband didn't close the gate behind him, so when they turned to run out, they bolted. It took several more attempts to get the little suckers back up. I got head butted in the side and almost ran smooth over trying to stop one at the gate but we finally got em loaded.

We were off. But then we took a wrong turn. Can you believe it? It wasn't even that far from the house! So we traveled a little out of the way. Our morning was just a comedy of errors from beginning to end. We finally made it to our friend's house, about an hour and a half late.

Here are a few videos of the boys. The first one is Mojo. He's the one that almost ran me over!





This is Eyebrows.




And of course, my cutie patootie, Tadpole.



All and all, we were pretty pleased with the outcome of the day. We made it back home without any trouble, which was surprising after the morning we had! Spent the rest of the afternoon getting everyone situated in their pens and puttin' out hay. It was a good day.

20 comments:

BloggessJ said...

Why do you call him tadpole? Seems that the boys are doing pretty good...even if Tad did decide to take a tiny snooze in the chute.

The Wife said...

Hey Jamie-I named him Tadpole cause he's the little runt of the group. Just seemed appropriate at the time and it stuck.

gtyyup said...

A lotta buckin' goin' on there!! They sure are looking good!

Jen's Farmily said...

That is so cool. I'm glad you post videos!!

I love your reasoning behind going to the recliner... 'too much time to dispose of the body'! HA! That made me laugh!

Unknown said...

hehehe tadpole is cute with those little brown legs and brown head of his.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Wow! those little dude sure seem to kow thier jobs !

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Green Grass! Oh, how I can't wait to have my own green grass. You can keep the wind, though.

Paula said...

Wow! Those are some crazy buckers! You'd have to hot-glue gun my rump on them little suckers!

Glad the rest of the day went good! Nothing like chaos to start your morning!!

Tatersmama said...

AWwwwww! I loved seeing them doing what they do best! But I can't believe that you just stand there videoing them with nary a concrete wall or barb wire between you and those crazy buckers!
;-)

Dusty Devoe said...

Love that Tadpole!

Andrea said...

Tadpole can move!! Nice boys you have their!!! Your blog might actually get my husband reading blogs. He sooooo badly wants to have some bucking stock.

I am glad your day ended on a good note!

Pony Girl said...

That was fun to watch! Interesting how they start out....and end up as finished bulls in the events! I've learned a lot about bulls in the past week, since I recently attended a bull-riding event.

Unknown said...

I thought Tadpole was going to lay down in protest! :)

Meg said...

You need to do this more, these were great! Mojo, huh...I am from MOJO land as in FOOTBALL in West Texas, lol! We are all about the MOJO!

Have a great week sweetie!

Robynn's Ravings said...

OUCH! Hope you're okay!

Tadpole caught quite a bit of air there with some decent hang time. If the bull riding circuit doesn't work out maybe he can play for the Chicago Bulls!

Anonymous said...

Those crazy buckers made me smile!

Paintsmh said...

I need to stay away from your blog. This is just making me want some bucking stock even more than I already did. And I KNOW Mom and Dad would have a fit if I got even one.

The boys look good!

Shirley said...

Those little boys look like they're going to have a pretty good career in the rodeo arena! What a morning you had; it always seems that if there is a gate open, critters will find their way through it. Glad you didn't get too badly hurt! And don't be too hard on the Husband; he hadn't had his coffee so he wasn't responsible!

Reddirt Woman said...

Love those videos. I love all the learnin' I'm doing about how you check out your bucking babies.

And I'm glad your day ended on a good note.

More please?!

Gecko said...

Yeehaa! Look at that Tadpole go!!!

Hehe, yep...more please?