Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Upcoming Ranch Rodeo

As some of you know, I will be participating in a women's ranch rodeo this weekend. For those of you who do not know what that is, let me educate ya. It's a rodeo that has events that would take place on a working ranch. The four events for this rodeo include: Branding, Sorting, Trailer Loading and Wild Donkey Riding. Our church is puttin' it on and I am the team leader for the girls. I came up with a real snazzy name for us too.....H.O.T. Chicks. Had it embroidered on the back of our shirts. Oh yeah.....we'll be stylin' and profilin'!

For the next few days, I am going to provide you with a description of the accoutrement's that are needed for this endeavor. So let us begin with what I believe is the most fashionable and chic accessory I have...............
my tall top pink boots with blinged out spur straps. Really, how much cooler can you be? I remember the day I saw these boots. I called the Husband and said, "Guess what I just found, tall top pink boots! And they fit perfectly" And of course he said, "You must have these boots, buy them and charge 'em to my account." Oh, wait......that's not exactly what he said. It was more like, "Sounds cool, but why you callin' me, you're gonna buy 'em anyways." True so very true.

And then we have.............

the straw hat with a feather. Must have a feather. I really wanted a turkey feather but couldn't find one. So I had to suck it up and put this thing in my hat. Oh well, still the punchiest girl around these here parts.

I see the hat as serving two main purposes. It provides excellent shade for the face and neck, as well as, allows me to go a day without brushing my hair. Oh yeah! Major plus!

Okie dokie cowpokies, tomorrow I will fill you in on a couple more items. I bet you didn't know accessories and wardrobe were such a major focal point to a ranch rodeo. Well, they probably aren't for most but for a women's ranch rodeo...........come on, what do you expect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better I would think you were the most red neck girl in the country. Love your story's. See You soon Papa