Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sweetness Overload

Leading up to Thanksgiving, I have decided to post on things I am thankful for. Gonna start with a sappy one so contain your gag reflexes cause here we go......

The Husband

He is my bestfriend and the love of my life.

Most of the time I post silly things the husband does or says but rarely do I ever say what a great person he is or how lucky I am to have him in my life. So today and everyday, I am thankful for my husband.
When I first met him, he had buckle bunnies waiting for him behind the chutes. Why you ask? Cause he was a hot bullrider guy! I always wondered how I ended up with such a goodlookin' fella.



Over the years, we have had our share of struggles and issues. Being so young when we met, we have matured in thirteen years. I am thankful we have grown together and not apart.

I am thankful that we laugh at each other all the time. He loves my goofness and believe me, I'm full of it! It's great to know that after a long day, we can come home and laugh at each other.

I'm thankful he still thinks I'm pretty after all these years and tells me so everyday. Some days I think he is full of crap and is up to something but he truly means it.

Most of all, I am thankful the husband doesn't mind doing dishes and laundry! He got the short end of the stick with me regarding domestic chores. I apologize frequently for not being a good housewife. But he doesn't mind and I am so lucky! Just the other night, he said, "Honey, I'll do the dishes while you do your blog." I mean really, how many husbands say that?!

So here's to the husband and him putting up with me all these years. I love him so and am thankful for every minute we share together.






14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - that is so so so sweet! What a poppet - and he even let you laugh at him at the dentist, poor lad!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dang, ya got me all teary eyes!!!
I am so happy to hear that there are husbands and wives who STILL love each other! It is such a rarity these days and that IS sad.
Seems like ya got a great guy there...never heard the term "buckle bunny" before, but I got it right off the bat!
Remember that each day is a learning experience and a chance to grow in your relationship...and it seems like that might include growing in girth as well around our house !!!
Here's to many more years together!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he sounds like a really wonderful guy. Have a great thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful post.

I had to giggle about Buckle Bunnies. Never heard that before!3

You two make a beautiful couple!

Calamity Lace said...

Awwwwww! :) I really like the picture of you two.

Tami Weingartner said...

Awww....really very sweet! Love.

C-ingspots said...

I love this post! I too think that it's very important to be thankful for our blessings in this life. And by the way there girl - have you looked in the mirror lately?? Hello!! You are a gorgeous gal yourself!! And, I think your cowboy is a looker too!! It's nice to hear that not everybody out there is a domestic goddess too - there are more important things to do other than clean house all the time - yuck!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

Awwww, you two look sweet together. It's so nice to see someone that is thankful for their spouse. Too few these days.

Kellys said...

I am thankful, too, that you found him and he puts up with you, tard!! I can't have all the luck dealing with you during the 8 to 5 work day....... :)

p

Bekah said...

aw what a sweet post!

Lil Mama said...

Thats so sweet. Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

Kellys said...

Aw....I just read this again and I think I threw up a little in my mouth.... :) You are gonna miss me tomorrow....have fun with saucedog....and horsey joe ho...p

Vaquerogirl said...

I DID get a cavity reading your blog- but really- I am so proud and amazed that two such young people are so committed to each other! It's rare these days! Nice post Sweetie- now shut this machine down and go kiss yer fella!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Did you step into my life?? (if ya did, you'd better get out while you have the chance!)
My Cowboy was riding bulls w/buckle bunnies around him too when we met!!! I still, all these years later, wonder WHY ME? (and still smirk when I think of all those BB's who missed out on my guy!)
He is also a wonder when it comes to dishes & domestiction!
I love the picture at the end...a truly happy ending to a great post!