Friday, August 8, 2008

Vignette #7- Engagement

We had dated about 18 months prior to our engagement. Marriage had been discussed but the husband had said he wanted me to finish college first. Well, that was one of the many reasons he had come up with at the time. We were kinda at a stand still. He didn't want to budge and I wanted to budge him! So when I saw my chance, I took it....

It was late February and the husband had gotten hurt rodeoin'. We went to see the doctor in Dallas to have his shoulder looked at. Tandy, the doctor, gave the husband some pain killers and a prescription to fill. This was my chance. The husband was doped up on pain medicine and I could talk him into anything!

On the way home from Dallas, we stopped at Wal-Mart to get his prescription filled. While we were waiting on it, I lead the husband over to the jewelry counter. Somehow I convinced him that it was the perfect time to buy me a ring. And in his medicated stupper, he did! How romantic is that!

Later that night, he did get down on one knee and ask me to marry him. I said yes and he gave me the ring.

1 comment:

Kellys said...

Please bring this item of jewelry to work. I want to see it. So when did he replace the WalMart bling with that honkin' ginormous ring that you have now?? Hope you guys are having fun!! See you on Monday! paula