Saturday, September 25, 2010

Murder in Progress

I bought the kids a new toy (Blue Duck) today.  Gave it to Diesel around 3pm.  By 5:30, he had almost decapitated it.

IMG_1453

But it was no worse for wear.  Still in pretty good shape.  He was being a brat and not lettin' anyone else close to it.  Even put it next to his food dish while he ate.  No one would bother it there!

IMG_1476

After he ate, we played tug a war with it.  During our play, the body of Blue Duck tore a little.  That was the beginning of the end...

Pepper took over then.  Her little terrier instincts were in full effect.

IMG_1487

She must kill!

IMG_1488

Destroy at all cost!

IMG_1490

No stuffin' shall remain!

IMG_1492

And she's so proud of herself.  Mom, look, I killed it good!

IMG_1497

Rest in peace Blue Duck.  Crazy M is a tough place for a toy.  Hold your nearly decapitated head up high, you served your purpose well.

IMG_1508

15 comments:

Tatersmama said...

LOL! My dogs (Jack Russells) are just little gals, but they can kill a tennis ball in about 30 seconds flat! I even bought special reinforced doggie toy tennis balls, and they were ruined in the same amount of time - and I chased around trying to take them away from them!
I mean, $2 for 2 - compared to $6.50 for one... and they lasted exactly the same!

LindaG said...

LOL. Don't let your dogs in a toy store. ;)

Mama Mess said...

LOL! We know how that is. Ellie used to be hell on rubber toys. We have two jolly balls out in the yard that have no handles. The new on I just bought I caught her chewin' on the handle and got after her....it is still intack so far.

Leah said...

The only thing that has lasted around here (and probably only because I put it up) is the rubber King Kong toys.... little dog Lenny loves to tear things apart... RIP blue duck!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Winston loves all his "dollies" and is extra careful with them , but Skeeter, is more like Pepper, rip, tear, and pull some stuffin!

Gail said...

Blue Duck still has some play time in him.

I love the dogs' expressions!

Linda said...

If it has stuffing and heaven help me, a squeakier, Sparkie Will.Kill.It! She has a toy box full of nearly decapitated, unstuffed toys she will still play with though:)

Sunshine Mom said...

that was so funny! we once bought our lab a Kong toy. it was supposed to be pit-bull-tested, but he had it ripped apart in less than an hour. it cost a small fortune, too. now he get the discount bin toys b/c they nothing lasts long :)

Janet Phillips said...

haha....I think my dogs learned from your dogs. I have gotten that same toy for my dogs and it's suspose to be harder for them to destory...but that must be for dogs that don't want to destory every thing they can get a hold of.

Lil Mama said...

Wow. The tough dog toy companies should test toys at your house.

Vaquerogirl said...

Tripps and Lola do the same exact thing! I am forevr picking up stuffing. Finally found a tug toy made of rubber that they cannot destroy! And the next soft toy will be one with no stuffin!

Bekah said...

he died an honorable death.

Anonymous said...

well it was good for an afternoon of play, right ;)

CTG Ponies said...

Our toys usually don't last a full day. Zoey and Bandit both pull the stuffing out of them and then play tug of war with it until it resembles some unidentifiable road kill.

Whit said...

I got my lab the same toy....

same thing happened.

Too funny!