Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bikini Challenge-Preparing for the Race

Shadow

Does this shadow make me look fat?

I didn't weigh this week.  I'm revolting against the scale right now.  Just tired of focusing so much on a number.  Plus I don't think it would have been good so I'll wait and hopefully get a pleasant surprise later.

My leg is still bothering me.  But I have managed to run more this week.  I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Was sore today so took it off.  Will run tomorrow.  Been doctoring myself.  Went out to the barn and got the Bigeloil.  Hey, if it works on horse tendons, it should help mine, huh?

I think my shoes were an issue with the injury.  I really noticed my feet rolling to the inside.  I'm guessin' I'd broke them down.  So they were retired and started my new pair yesterday.  I felt such a difference in the stability.  So hopefully that will help.

The first 5K race of this year is a week from this Saturday.  I'm pretty excited.  I'm getting my times down.  Now my easy run is at a 10 minute pace.  I'm not even breathing hard after 3 miles.  This race is in a pretty small town.  So I don't know if there will be many runners.  It'll be a good one to start with because I have another race a month later.  It's one of my favorites.  I ran it for several years back in the day.  I looked up my previous times and back in 2006, I won 2nd place in my age group with a 26:08.  I don't think I'm that fast yet but hopefully I'm within a minute or so.

There will be a wrench thrown in my running between now and then however.  I have to go out of town for two weeks the first of April for work.  The training will be very physical and I'm worried I won't have energy to run in the evenings.  I'll have to figure something out.

"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes."  (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)


On a side note, Dee from Say Anything, interviewed me for her blog.  She promotes different blogs throughout the week.  I felt very honored that someone actually thought enough of this lil site to showcase it.  My interview will be posted Friday morning if anyone is interested.  But y'all already know all about me so go over and check out some of the other blogs she's chosen.  



14 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it.
Oh and like I tell everyone else because this stuff really does work, go get yourself some arnica gel. Honestly, miracle cure for aches and bruises.

Prairie Mother said...

Way to go!! Stick with it and you'll do great! I run a lot too and have found that doing some yoga once or twice a week really helps the soreness. There are tons of yoga classes on iTunes or check out yogatoday.com. Good luck on your race!

Prairie Mother said...

Way to go!! Stick with it and you'll do great! I run a lot too and have found that doing some yoga once or twice a week really helps the soreness. There are tons of yoga classes on iTunes or check out yogatoday.com. Good luck on your race!

Unknown said...

Wow...you are a go-getter, girl! I'm so excited for you to be running a race! I'm gonna go out and buy some pom poms!

Leah said...

You go girl! and run fast! You have some busy weeks coming up...and to have to go to class that is way too much work! I find work just gets in the way :)

Good luck!

Dee said...

We're all rooting for ya! :D

lisa said...

You go girl! I have barely begun, but I have lost 6 pounds just by cutting back on what I eat, now all I have to do is get with the weights and the treadmill and tone up some and hopefully lose more. Good luck on the race! Like the Stepchild said, we are rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! Keep it up. Good shoes are SO important, I keep a lot of the miles on mine.

Mama Mess said...

Yer awesome girl and I can't wait to hear how you do in the race! Just remember no matter what, you rock because you are back out there doing it. And girl.........you are FAST!!

Ps.....I love the Buddist saying, so true, so true!

Faithful said...

I am so rooting for ya! Sorry you got an injury, tho..you heal up and hang in there! Girlie!
I've got my bikini pcked out already and I really want to wear IT! WOO HOO!
WOW..My verification word is REST-ER!

Tammy Vasa said...

I've boycotted the scale for 2 weeks now. I can't take the disappointment. It did hit 60 degrees here yesterday (snowing today though) and I rode about 7 miles. Spent some of it posting the trot to give myself a workout. I felt it. More of that will help.

If you training is physical, that will help. Its not running but at least it is doing something. Good luck. "We're Worth It". (Can you tell the riding helped my disposition? :)

Off to read your interview....

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I found you via the Say Anything blog. I've never come across a blog about rodeo bulls either. I'd say that's unique.

Your shadow reminded me of the first time I felt big while pregnant. I caught a glimpse of my shadow and thought - WOW. I couldn't believe it. I had mirrors and stuff, but the pregnant shadow was a whole other reality.

Survivormama said...

Hi there..I am so glad I found your awesome blog...saw your interview with Dee and had to come over for a sneaky peak! I am now a follower..fan..stalker..lol...um you get the drift. Love the dog pictures..and the whole think he'll be settled down by 5months..good luck with that! Sounds like a handful!

Andrea said...

Back in November I got the worst cramp in my calf. I decided to "run through" it. It was horrible. I couldn't walk. I hurt so bad. I think I had torn the muscle. I read up on it and I found out I needed more water, more potassium, and more stretching. I took two weeks off with no running at all and have been better since.

I hope your leg feels better. And you are so good to be doing a race soon!! I have been wanting to run one for the longest time now. I started my Couch to 5K training over again. I am on week three of a 9 week program. So I don't have a race anytime soon.

Good luck, and keep up the good work, I am sure that bikini will be looking good by summer time!