Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Want One!

So the other day, when I posted about Itty Bitty, someone asked what we could do with her.  Would we be able to breed her?  My response was yes, we could breed her but it would have to be to a miniature bull but that I didn't think the husband would want to get into breeding mini bucking stock.

Did y'all know that there is actually mini buckin' stock breeders?  We've had some friends with mini bulls in the past.  They use them for youth rodeos.  I think they are too cute.

I found this video on a breeder's website.  The first two minutes explain why they use mini bulls and show some good ones in action.  The rest of the video shows more mini bulls in action but the husband and I weren't real impressed.



So now I really want to breed Itty Bitty and try to get a mini bull.  I asked the husband if I could and he responded with "Can I sell your longhorns?"  Um, NO.  This would be in addition to my longhorns.  It's not a trade deal.  Geez!

So maybe in another year or so, we can find a mini to breed Itty Bitty.  I love the idea!

11 comments:

Mama Mess said...

The Husband sounds alot like The Paintiff.........one comes in, another has to go out. It just ain't fair!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Itty Bitty Bucking bulls... Who Knew?

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of itty bitty bulls... HA. My sister has a very small ranch in Calif. and purchased 2 very sweet miniature donkeys though... They're a blast and such big personalities.

She bought them here:

http://www.seeinspotsfarm.com/

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Unknown said...

holy crap those little buggers can buck. I bet itty bitty would have the cutest mini baby ever!!

Andrea said...

How friggin cute!! I want one too!! I love their names, "Hippo"!! Too cute!! And those little guys can buck. That one little kid could really ride!!

Paige said...

I bet it would not work anyway. Surely she is little not genetically--something just went haywire. So you might get God knows what

But pretty much cute. You make it and send it up here

Paint Girl said...

I think that would be pretty cool to breed mini-bulls!!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

WOW those mini bulls look like bulls on acid LOL!! They sure can move fast!!! It's rather funny how they make the horses look like draft horses LOL!! I'm thinking you'll have the Hubby schmoozed over when the time come ;)

Faithful said...

Crazy M's Itty Bitty Buckin' Bulls..that's it! Too Kool!

Kit ..when I read that you had a challenge to get into a bikini by July...I was gonna take you up on it..(Heaven knows..everybody's waiting to see this body stuffed into a bathin' suit)....'til I read you already got the butt jiggle down by doin' a 3 mile run!! hey!! I don't think I can make that deadline!.. cuz I have way more things jiggling than just my butt!! You go girl!

lisa said...

I don't about cute, but they sure can buck mini or not! Good luck with the hubby agreeing. I would rather keep my longhorns also!

Gail said...

How about a homemade award, stop by if you want.