Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bikini Challenge-Self Control, Where Have You Been?

I'm proud of myself for this past week.  Let me tell ya why.  I ate out three times which is not that big of a deal.  But TWICE I ate at a Mexican food restaurant.  This means unlimited chips and salsa!  And guess what, I didn't eat ONE chip.  That is amazing!  I could eat my weight in chips and salsa.  I heart chips and salsa.

When I sat at the table, I thought to myself, is that chip worth the disappointment I will face when I get on the scale.  Nope, not worth it.  So while everyone else munched away, I sat contently drinking my water, extremely proud of my self control.  As far as my main meals, I ordered chicken tortilla soup on the first day and chicken soup the other.

On Saturday, we stopped at a steak house on the way home from the lease.  I ordered a grilled chicken breast which I only ate half plus a salad and baked potato with a smidge of butter.  Yummo!

Oh, today my supervisor brought me and my coworker valentine cookies.  Of course, he left them on my desk the entire day.  I didn't eat a single one!  I'm on a mission.

Here's my eating plan...I choose to eat small meals and snack throughout the day.  It works well for me.  I have to snack to have energy to run in the evenings prior to supper plus it keeps your metabolism going.  But my snacks consist of carrot/celery sticks, apple and cheese stick, yogurt or whole wheat crackers.

Most importantly, I have an awesome husband that supports me.  He gets up every morning to make my oatmeal and pack my lunch.  Makes sure I have all my healthy snacks.  Will even count out crackers to ensure I eat only one serving size!  When we do eat out, he always asks if it's okay with me and if there is something healthy for me to eat there.  Plus he allows me to make exercise a priority.  His positive support makes all the difference in the world.

With my self control back over my mouth, I accomplished a few other things.

I lost 2 lbs this week.

I decreased my 3 mile time by 2 minutes and 40 seconds in three weeks!

I ran my 5 miles on Saturday just a little faster than last week.

And with all this running, I know my butt jiggle has decreased to at least a 7.

Y'all inspire me to keep going.  I hope if you're working on a goal you're making progress.

25 comments:

Leah said...

Great Job! Glad to hear all the positive things and they showed at the scale!

The Ag Teacher's Wife said...

Awesome! You made some really good choices this week. It is great that your husband supports you. It is nearly impossible to meet a goal if your spouse isn't supporting you. I am proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Mama Mess said...

Whoo hooo hooo girlie! That's so faboo! Great hubby's are the best aren't they? My hubs is very supportive of my WW's efforts as well and it makes it so much easier. My daughter as well, she's my biggest cheerleader! Way to go on Operation Jigglybutt Reduction!!

lisa said...

Great! I am starting out slowly so that I can keep it up after the weight loss. I have cut back on my eating and I will work on that for the next few weeks then I will start adding in the treadmill and etc.! You go girl~

Sherry Sikstrom said...

WoW you are a star! way to go , I lost a couple pounds this last week too(kinda by accident,IVOMEC ) but overall I am eating better and trying to get more mobile as well

Faithful said...

WooHOO! Sooo proud of you! I lost 45 lbs acouple of years ago and boy oh boy!!! do I know how hard it is to pass up on the goodies..esp. when they are in your face! Now I need to decrease my jiggly butt acouple decimeters, too. YOU inspire me!You are surely gonna make your goal! Yay!!!! Keep it UP!!!

PS... send your hubby a (((big bear hug))) from me..he is a good guy!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

No chips and salsa? That is huge!

Country Whispers said...

Now I know what I am missing!
It's a husband that will make MY breakfast and lunch.
Care to share yours?
Just kidding!
But that is awesome that he supports you and helps you in your weight loss.

Shirley said...

Having a husband that supports and encourages you is terrific- that he makes your lunch is downright amazing. You go, The Husband! Guess he wants you to look your best too!

wilsonc said...

Congratulations and keep up the good work. I can't imagine not eating chips and salsa when they are in front of me, so you are definitely a better woman than I am. I like your eating stragtegy on the small meals using healthy snacks. I do that too. When I stick with it and exercise too it works.

Andrea said...

Heck yeah girl!! It's all about the self control! Tomorrow I am leaving on a cruise and I said I am going to work out every day, I reFUSE to gain any weight while on the cruise. My sister made fun of me and said I won't do it. But I will, I am pumped to have a gym with no kids!! lol!!

Good for you and keep it going!

Unknown said...

you go!
Tortilla chips and salsa are supposed to be 0 points on weight watchers so you can eat them when your craving food.

Homestay Mama said...

Good for you! Your self-control is admirable!
And, yes, you still inspire me, but.... well....I ended up catching a terrible cold, so there went my good intentions at starting to exercise! I've been drinking lots of liquids and getting more rest. But, I guess the exercising will come later.

Dee said...

You're doing great! I can't wait to see you in a bikini! Umm...in a friendly, I'm supportive way...oh nevermind

Tammy Vasa said...

Congrats & yes, you inspire me. Today was weigh in and I went the wrong direction. Of course its my husbands fault. I really hate him. ;) And I hate this weather. And I hate that I can't keep my hand away from food and food away from my mouth. I hate that it is too (insert word snowy, muddy, icy, windchilly) to saddle up my horse and post a trot for 2 miles. I hate the way my pants fit. I hate the way I long for food. I hate that WW thinks I should only have 20 points. I'm 5'9" for crying out loud. 20 points???? I hate that I work out 3 to 4 times a week and get sweaty for nothing!

Okay, I feel better. Weigh in day is tough around here. Back on the program....

Gail said...

This is so great! Just what you planned and all is going smoothly.

Maybe you will inspire me to drop some pounds.

Unknown said...

You go girl! That is awesome! Lot's of water too, with some lemon juice.
I almost want to start running again. Reading about you running inspires me. Plus I have a six month old wild dog that would be a great jogging companion. Keep it going Kit!

Anonymous said...

Good job!!Hope you get over that cold. I'm down two pounds this week but I'm still as slow as ever ;)

Jocelyn said...

MOst awesome my sister!
YEah for the lessening jiggle butt!

Janice said...

Way to go. I admire your self restraint. My progress has been slow. I've lost a few pounds but without giving a sob story I find a lot of excersises impossible to do.I guess some is better than none,but I'm cheering you on.

Janice said...

PS. Can I have your husband...or at least borrow him.I hope you've told him today how much you love him.......you can tell him I do to.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I'm with you on eating my weight in chips and salsa. I LOVE THEM! good for you girl!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

You ROCK girl!!! You are doing a fantastic job!! And your Hubby is pretty awesome!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

GOOD FOR YOU! You've inspired me to hop back on the wagon. I totally JUMPED off several weeks ago. The ice/snow on the ground didn't allow for outside running and I HATE the treadmill, even though a I bought a membership to the local rec. I was running almost 3 miles. Now I'll be lucky to get 2...starting over. Keep us updated...I must have accountability. If the butt jiggle can drop to at least a 7 and my britches would fit...I would be Pumped up!!! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I heart chips and salsa too. You did great..you had a good week! :)