Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Want Me to Put That Where?

The husband started dippin' again awhile back. He had quit for seven years and it was so nice. I hate spit bottles, they make me gag. And I don't care for copenhagen kisses. So the husband ordered some Dip Stop Non-Tobacco Chew off the internet. Yesterday, when I got home, the box was in the yard. Guess the dogs wanted to try the Dip Stop! That or the UPS man threw it and ran back to his truck! We will never know. Anyways, I left it on the counter for the husband.

He got home from work and opened it up. This was our conversation as he read the box....

H: "It says here that your partner needs to help you."

W: "What, your partner needs to help you? Why, where are you suppose to put that stuff?"

H: "Haha, very funny."

W: "Seriously, why would your partner need to help you with snuff? Am I suppose to pack it somewhere you can't reach?"

H: "Nevermind!"

W: laughing hysterically with my finger mimicking shoving the snuff up "somewhere".

H: "It says your partner should mix the non-tobacco with the tobacco so you don't know if you are using the non or the real."

W: looks at the husband with the "are you serious" look

H: "I think I can handle it myself."

Ahhhh, that's what I'm talking about!

16 comments:

Calamity Lace said...

lol nice twist on things. I have never even heard of that stuff.

Libby's Library said...

Can'f you send him to Dippers Anonymous;)

Linda said...

Ummm maybe you could add your own additives!??

Paige said...

This just goes to show that men do not want us to know that they can in fact "do it themselves". Then they might have to!

Train Wreck said...

LMAO!!! Girl I sure do wish you lived closer! ! You and I have the same sense of humor!! I would have thought and said the same thing! My hubby "chews" I don't mind because hes not spitin everywhere, but it is a bad habit! Maybe if you started "Skinny Dippin" He would switch over? Tell him I like him too! and don't worry my hubby would totally be eyein you my hot sista!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! People over here put little snuff balls in their mouths - behind the top lip - so that they look like hamsters. Can't stand the stuff myself.

kdwhorses said...

ROTFL!! Good luck with that one! Never heard of that before! Hubby tried to stop once and I went and bought him and can myself! He has dipped since he was in his teens, it wasn't pretty when he tried to stop! YOu just crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Oh man... I dated someone who dipped and it's so gross! I think I would've done whatever he asked me to if it was gonna help him stop!! (Well, ALMOST whatever he asked me to... sticking it in certain places? Would require drugs. For me.)

Tami Weingartner said...

Yack....hate the stuff. It's nasty. Interested in hearing if the stuff works for your hubby.

Anonymous said...

That sounds EXACTLY like what has jsut gone on here!! After all those years of no chewing...bad influence on the kiddos...he started up again. WHY? Because our boys chew! He stopped AGAIN ( I threatened to kick him to the first curb I could find in town if I had to put up with his "withdrawls" again! The third time WAS a charm-er!...and whad'e do? Started chewin' AGAIN. It's not so much the nicotine now as the habit of dippin' after a meal...while workin' in the field...
I give up.
Could be worse.
Could be a smoker!
No, he couldn't. Not with ME for his wife!!

Anonymous said...

My husband quit chewing about a year ago with Chantix. It worked right away. Expensive but after the first month of using it he hasn't dipped since.

I was lucky my husband never spit and if you didn't know he chewed you wouldn't even guess.

Reddunappy said...

This gave me a good laugh! LOL Men are so funny sometimes. LOL what did he expect, help?

Faithful said...

too funny! loved it! my hubbies chew can is like bells on a cow, i can always tell where he's at by the sound of the snap of the lid!

Ginny’s Lazy B Ranch said...

I have to agree. I wouldn't want to help with mixing it up either. But, I do have to put up with the same stuff. My husbands done this forever and we've been married 30 years. I don't like it, but I sure would HATE it if he smoked. In fact I couldn't stand it. Do you live around Waco? I see that's where your church is. I live in Hillsboro and my parents live in Hillsboro. Just noticed that we might be neighbors. GinGin

Far Side of Fifty said...

LOL..very funny! Tell him up here in Minnesota..real men don't spit they swallow:)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I do know "it" has several "uses", none of which I want to participate in! Cowboy goes a year or two chewing (no spittin' allowed!), quits for a yr or so, and back. Think it's just in their "jeans"! :)