Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Portraits

This was the hardest assignment for me. First, I'm not good at posed pictures. Second, I'm not good at taking people pictures. Third, I'm just not good! Anyhoo, the husband was a trooper. He modeled for me on Sunday, working thru the pain of his "craters" to help me out. I took lots of pictures and this is the one I came up with.

I need to crop it down some but I wasn't real motivated. So after looking at the pictures on the computer, I thought I better go for something I am much better at....animals. I waited for the husband to pass out from his pain medication and took the dogs to the tank in the pasture. I knew Duke liked to sit up on the tank's edge and thought that would be perfect. And luckily, he did just that........

The husband woke up to me editing pictures on my laptop. He asked what I was doing and said I had taken pictures of Duke. He said, "So you would rather take pictures of the dog than me. I see how I rate." Poor hubby, I'm just not a people picture taker unless it's a spontaneous kind of thing. No posing pics for me. I don't have the eye for it. But that's okay, I know my limitations.

***Update on the husband.....he has a dry socket. So now we are dealing with that. He really hates dentists now!***

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures! I think you need to blow that pic up of your hubby, just to make him feel better. I find taking pics of animals is tougher than people or objects. Twitching ears, moving bodies, hard to keep them still!
Hope his teeth woes clear up soon.

Tami Weingartner said...

I too would rather take pictures of animals. Love the picture of Duke!

PS...I see you have a JRT! I have two as well. Love them.

gtyyup said...

Both of those pics are great...you're way too hard on your self ;~)

I like taking pics of animals, but have the same issue...can't seem to get them to hold still long enough for me to get what I want...practice, practice, practice~~

Love reading your blog.

Lil Mama said...

Your Crazy! The picture of your husband is outstanding. You know your really your own worst critic. I think you take wonderful pictures.

Bekah said...

Im not great with people pictures either...well...im not great with any pictures, but people are tough!!

Although..the one of your husband looks good to me!

Anonymous said...

I take lots of portraits and believe me when I say the picture of your husband in this post and the one you did in the leading lines post are very good! Don't be so hard on yourself - they are much better than those done by a lot of "professional" photographers.

Paige said...

I think they are great pics--you are lucky like me, you have a good model

Vaquerogirl said...

I really like the picture of you hubby
! Poor man- Dry Socket! OWWWWW!
The dog is fantastic too, looks like an old English Hunting print, You are being way modest- but then- that's how we are raised isn't it?

Jen's Farmily said...

I think human portraits are over-rated anyway!!

And I shudder at the just the words: dry socket. Yuck. I was terrified of getting that when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out!

Linda said...

I like both and I don't know as I'd crop hubby, it's good the way it is. He doesn't look like he's in too much pain.

Anonymous said...

Both are very good...Should turn them both in!

Anonymous said...

I like the one of your husband, trying to hide his craters behind a brave little smile...

The Wife said...

Aren't y'all the sweetest blogger buddies in the whole wide world. Thanks for all the positive comments.

Train Wreck said...

That is a GREAT photo! Such a great looking Cowboy!! A DRY SOCKET!! Why didn't you tell me? I told you you could!! Poor Hubby! What can I do??