Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Man


I've felt like I have neglected our first born. He's barely appeared on the blog and I think he's a little upset. Today I was taking pictures of the other children and he started barking at me. Guess it is his turn. So today's post is dedicated to Harley, our oldest child. I told the husband that I was going to blog about him today because he hasn't been on the blog at all. The husband said, "Oh yes he has. He was on the very first picture." Oh, I forgot he was in bed with the husband. But the husband just advised me that there are no self portraits of him on the blog. So we are going to make it right with the world today.

He's been with us for almost 11 years. Just had a disagreement with the husband about his age. I had to produce the birth certificate. I was right. HELLO! Anyhow, Harley-man is known throughout our family and friends. My parents call him the granddog. Pops calls him his fishin' buddy. Harley even went with us to church recently. So now the whole congregation knows him. He laid on his little pillow and slept thru the sermon. Don't think it hurt the preacher man's feelings too much. He pretty much runs the house and bosses all the other dogs around. Size is not an issue in his eyes. He used to be an awesome cowdog too until a longhorn squished him into the ground. Luckily, it was muddy and no real damage was done. He thinks twice now before jumping into the pen. But we still have to watch him.

This evening he got his sheep out to play. As you can tell, he tears it up.
Got him by the head! Take no prisoners! Going for the suffocation technique.
Death to the sheep! Victory shall be his!!

Harley poses proudly with his kill.

5 comments:

Kellys said...

You poor baby.....I guess I am the only one who reads you and comments...p

Kellys said...

And btw, my fish didn't look so bad yesterday when I was in. He was at least moving around more. Maybe that is his last "hurrah" before he gives it up....p

The Wife said...

You're the only one that comments. That is for sure. I happily learned that a lot of the family in WA read the blog but apparently they do not comment. So back to my gloom and doom thoughts that I am speaking to myself most of the time. It's a sad sad state.....

Kellys said...

....maybe they are just shy....they would rather lurk....

BITR Country Girl said...

Harley is a very pretty boy. What kind of dog is he?