Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mudquest!!

Yep, I did it again.  Another adventure run in the mud.  They did a much better job with the obstacles this go around.  My BFF and I battled the 3.5 mile course.  Our #1 goal-to survive.  Our #2 goal-to finish before dark!!  We accomplished both!

Here are some pics, courtesy of the husband...

Before we began, all nice and clean.


Our first encounter with the mud.


I don't know how they expected someone to walk across this.  The klutz I am, there was no way.  Crawlin' seemed the way to go.


I didn't care for his one.  Mostly because I could see me falling to my death!


Too loose of ropes to keep us upright!


Now this one was crazy.  Had to jump off this platform into 8 ft of water below.


There I go!!! It was pretty high.  You can't even see the water below me!  And yes, I held my nose.  I'm not a water person.  Believe me, it didn't help.  When I hit, I still sucked water up my nose.


Mud was so sticky, it sucked BFF's shoe off her foot.  Took both of us to get it out.


Finally, the last obstacle.  A short swim and crawl under the wire.


And of course, we couldn't resist a little mud fight!


We were too dirty girls by the end.  But it was loads of fun.

13 comments:

Mikey said...

Ha! I love it! That looks very, very dirty, lol. I would have chickened out at jumping into the water though. You are brave!!!

Calamity Lace said...

That looks like so much fun...and exhausting lol!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks like a load of fun . I have to admit there are days I look like that after doing spring chores

Country Whispers said...

That looks like so much fun!

Mama Mess said...

Whoo hoo! So glad you got to have fun again this year! Thanks for takin' us along!

cdncowgirl said...

That looks like a lotta fun! Have to say that jump into 8' of water, yikes... then again I can't really swim.

Shirley said...

Looks like good clean fun to me!

Nicole said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! I'd love to participate in that sometime but you'd have to wear old tennishoes!

Faithful said...

You Are A DIRTY girl! LOL! Boy that looks tuff...I'm just gonna start callin' you GI Jane!

West Texas Momma said...

That looks awesome... I wanted to do one of those up here called the viking run!

West Side of Straight said...

What a hoot! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

OMG I would have LOVED to do that with you two! FUN!

small farm girl said...

That looks like fun!