Monday, August 16, 2010

I Survived the Vacation!

I'm back even though I really never left!  Returned to work today just to relax.  The husband tried working me to death over our so called "vacation".  People kept asking us what we were doing or where we were going on our time off.  Little do they know, when you have animals and a place, you can't just go.  Plus, we work at our "jobs" during the week only to try to get things done around here on the weekends.  Our list had gotten pretty long on things we haven't been able to accomplish during the weekends.

But really, the trouble begins when this happens...


The husband starts thinking!


And continues to think!  This lead to much work in 100+ degree temps.  Oh, and this...


Me rockin' the pillowcase over the walkin' boot!  Oh yea, how sexy is that!

I'll be sharing all our projects with ya over the next few days.  I know y'all can hardly wait!

14 comments:

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

A working vacation....sometimes it's just got to happen :) Are you resting now that you're back to work?

Linda said...

A Stay-cation, yea! 100+ heat - not so much.

Unknown said...

LOL nice staycation. The husband is thinking hard alright. Fashionable bootcase there.

Lil Mama said...

Hey, only a gal like you could pull off the pillow case look.

Dee said...

ROFLMAO You look adorable!

Paige said...

Its like we are the same people I swear! Barry is home for a few days this week, for the first time in well over a year, and we are busting our asses. I am working a little more than a half day then beating myself half to death when I get home.

But it will be nice to catch up on some of this stuff, and at least we got a little break from the heat.

Nice pillowcase too

Gail said...

This gives a whole new look to boot scooting boogie!

Leah said...

Working on your staycation in that heat with that on your foot! Ugh.... It is pretty quiet around here when the hubby starts thinking - new projects, something broken etc etc. Happy resting at work!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Funny how stay home vacations can be more tiring than work. Only you could rock that walking boot so well!

BridgeEtta said...

I feel for you. Nothing like being debilitation, heat, and work all in the same sentence ( as in sentenced to work).

CTG Ponies said...

Love the stylin' boot!

Laura said...

There is nothing like working till your neck sweats to set things straight.
I think I don't want to- and then I do- and then I don't want to stop.

Does that make sense?

Laura
White Spray Paint

Anonymous said...

haha! Love the pillow case!

Mama Mess said...

I'm lovin' the pics! And yeah, when you've got a place there ain't no gettin' away. Even when you do manage to get away, that just makes for more work when you get back! I do have to say there's nothing like spending all day everyday with your man and in a coupla weeks I'll get to do that too! Glad you guys got stuff done! ;)