I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend. The husband had to work today. However, he promised his warehouse crew at Dr P a cookout. Well, I knew this involved me cause....um...Husband doesn't grill. So I gathered all my meat and headed to town around lunch time. I grilled them Boss Hog T-bones and elk steak.
Also had some potato salad, baked bean and peach cobbler. I think I did okay. Some had never had elk before. They were nice enough to try it and most said it was surprisingly good!
Then I loaded up and headed back to the house. As I was driving in, I noticed this...
See, fire is one of my fears. It made my heart skip a beat but I realized it was the neighbor next to me burning. But it is scary to see smoke coming from what appears to be your place. Plus, it's so freakin' hot here, I'm not real happy to think about the neighbor burning. Our winter grass in the pasture is burning off so it would spark right up. Again, my fear of fire.
Oh, one more thing....I think there was a giveaway that just ended! I entered the number of entrants into Random.org and it spit out #17. Then I used my fingers and toes to count out the comments to:
Steph please forward me your email address. I will provide it to my CSN contact who will in turn, get with you regarding the $80 gift certificate!!
Thanks to everyone who participated. Wish I could give each of you one just for putting up with me!
Why People Should Be Raised In Barns
1 month ago