Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bikini Challenge-The Fitness Gremlins Are Out in Force

You ever feel like that.  Have good intentions to go to the gym, all ready, then BAM, something comes up and you don't make it.  That's how my entire February has felt.  A couple weeks ago, I slacked off.  Then I was ready to start back last Monday.  Had the day off, was gonna spend an hour or so at the gym, then BAM we found Zena.  Kinda made the rest of the week not matter.

Saturday, the weather was so nice, I ran down the road by the house.  Felt so good.  I knew after our eventful weekend, I would get back on track.  I conducted defensive tactic training on Monday so I didn't go to the gym.  Then BAM...snow!  No gym workout on Tuesday.  I did run on my treadmill at home but it's not the same.  Ever since I started going back to the gym, I hate runnin' at home on my treadmill.  It really sucks!

Today, I was headed back from Fort Hood.  Gonna drive straight to the gym.  Then BAM...bumper to bumper traffic on the interstate.  Sat there for over 30 mins.  Apparently someone tried walking across I-35 and got hit by a semi.  Not good.  According to the news, the interstate was closed for over 2 hours.  So I finally got out of the stand still and headed east towards home.  After all that, I wasn't in the mood to try to get on down the interstate to the gym.

Not only has my workouts suffered but I have had a sweet tooth from hades!  I ate a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream on Sunday.  Of course not all in one sitting, oh no, I broke it up into two. :-)  And I have chocolates in the house that I keep gettin' in.  I just need to clear the house of anything that tempts me especially sweets.  Sweets are my downfall.  I'm gonna send the chocolates with the husband to his office.  That should help.  I don't think there's anything else here cause I've already ate it!

We are headed out Friday for a weekend in Stephenville.  Buckin' bulls so the exercising will be limited.  I should be okay with my eating though.  I won't have any sugary treats sittin' next to me saying "you know you want me, eat me, I'm so good, you don't know what you're missin'!"

So after all that good news, here's the results of my weigh in.....0.6 gain.  Ugh!  I think I'm just gonna write February off.  Start fresh in March.  Don't have many months between now and July though so I better get in gear!  Otherwise, I suggest y'all block my site on July 4th!  It won't be pretty!

10 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Oh jeez now I feel like a real jerk for my post on FB yesterday! You will do fine , Feb is a rotten month anyway .And July 4 you will rock the blog world!

White Hot Magik said...

Amen to starting over in March. What is up with the snow this year, it has been crazy. I can't believe I have seen it so much, we got our fourth snow the other day. The desert is going to be beautiful this spring!

Leah said...

Sounds like we both need to get on the stick (treadmill) -- did you notice that last week and this week we were the same in our efforts ( "0" and .6 gain) --- too weird!

This coming week will be better -- I hope in the right way :)

lisa said...

Rome wasn't built in a day. They say that you are always in titled to one or two binges! I happen to love Dark Chocolate (my favorite) so when I need a sweet tooth fix, I have just one piece and suck on it until it melts and that does me for a while! I am starting the exercise part on Monday. Hopefully I can stick with it! You go girl, I know you will be looking great in the Bikini!

Andrea said...

February is just a hard month!! Really, it's always rainy and gloomy and it's hard to get out and work out. At least you didn't gain an entire pound!!

I did a quick recap on your blog!! I will have to sit down with my husband and show him your trip to Dallas!! I am so jealous. And the old time pictures of your husband were awesome!! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun back in the day!

Unknown said...

You should find a gym buddy. Kinda like a riding buddy but you compare fitness goals instead of riding goals.

Dee said...

Don't block things in months, do it in days...;) "Today got messed up and I didn't so so well. I will tomorrow".

Rooting for ya!

Oh, can I suggest on July 4th, you wear an......

itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini...

Mama Mess said...

You'll get er......but I totally know how you feel. I haven't started back lifting either because of this stupid bladder infection........sometimes life just gets in the darned way!

Lil Mama said...

Readin you blog made me hungry for Ice cream. I think your worth it also works for diamonds and Ice cream.

Kris Heinze said...

The first half of my Feb was nothing but terrible eating habits and no exercisin either. I'd seen a few of your inspiring posts and made up my mind (maybe seriously for the first time in my life) to get busy working out and walking too - really make a valid effort at changing things for the better. I'm 2 workouts into my 4th week in a row now. I've gained a whole lotta muscle I hadn't realized I'd lost...the fat layer should start coming off real soon. So I hope your March workouts are back into swing and you're feeling better about it. That's my best inspiration to give back to ya. Keep on truckin! And keep postin updates too.