Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fishin' Crazy M Style

We went out to the tank this afternoon for some fishin'. How often do you see your average fisherman with the following?


Yep, that's how we do it here. Fishin' pole in one hand, 22 in the other! Actually, we're having an issue with snakes in the tank. And if you know the husband, he HATES snakes! His reaction has gotten LOTS better over the years. He used to hurt himself trying to get away from a snake. Now, he's a little calmer. Not as good entertainment for me but at least he won't hurt himself!

Unfortunately, the fish weren't bitin' today. Diesel was on bobber patrol.


Well, this could be one reason the fish weren't bitin'! There was a lot of splashin' goin' on.


Diesel likes to make a splash, or two, or three....


Loved this pic. It's the "what, I didn't do it" look.

Even though the fishin' wasn't any good this afternoon, we still had a good time. The husband shot two snakes so it was still productive. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

18 comments:

threecollie said...

I'm thinking maybe biting kind of snakes huh? Scary..

Unknown said...

LOL shotgun and a fishing pole. That sounds like my neighbors. They are just a wee bit redneck.

Snakes don't bother me. Then again we don't have the poisonus biting type here.

If you find their homes put moth balls in them. They will scram real quick. Also works on other varmints like coons and skunks and possums.

Btw theres an Indigo tongue pic just for you on my blog

Mikey said...

Lol, what is it with the snakes this year? It's insane here (fingers crossed haven't seen one in a few days) but the three we had in one night, that's out of control..
Love that you can just go out to the tank and fish :) We have to drive 25 miles to go to the lake :(

Faithful said...

At first, I thought maybe hubby was fishing for salmon and looking out for grizzly..then I remembered.. you are in Texas! What kind of fish are you pulling outta there? And are you the one to fry 'em in the pan?

Dusty Devoe said...

That is just to funny! Sorry he didn't catch anything.

lisa said...

I love snakes but of course, I will stick to the small non poisonous variety!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

*giggles* I love that!! A 22 tag a long! But I'm not blaming him, I'm not a fan of snakes either!!

Paula said...

Not a fan of snakes or fish but glad you were well protected!

Linda said...

Doesn't everyone bring their .22 fishing? Diesel looks like he's fittin' in just fine with y'all.

missy said...

love the pictures!!!!!
oh my gosh......oh how i hate snakes too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

eeeew snakes.....what kind? eeew

Tami Weingartner said...

I about peed my pants when I saw that first picture. I thought...hmmmmm they must have some crazy ass fish down there! LOL!

Farmchick said...

That's too funny....a 22 and a fishin' pole! Looks like fun! Stop over for a visit! :)

Unknown said...

Fishing pole and 22 shotgun. Wowza. Just like others mentioned, thought you had some bad arse fish!
I would be worried for those dogs if you have nasty snakes. Ugh.......hate snakes too.
And I'm so glad you didn't show any pictures of those things.

Tammy Vasa said...

My kind of guy! Those snakes are evil!

Libby's Library said...

I HATE snakes. The only good snake is a dead one!!!
I agree with The Husband 110%, and now, I'm think'n that maybe I need to get me some heat!

Maria said...

Diesel is growing so fast!! Looks like you had fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love a snake killer..I cannot tolerate them..and we only have the non poisonous kind. So I totally understand the gun!! Diesel looks like he was having a blast! :)