Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weapon of Mass Destruction


Yep, bolt cutters. The husband and I tore out some old fence and I was in charge of the bolt cutters. Pretty scary!



It was an old cross fence in our top pasture. We are re-organizing the place and there was no need for it any more.


So the wire had to come off. I was in charge of cutting the clips on the t-posts so the husband could roll the wire.


I'm thinkin' I had the better job! Cause I really stood around and took pictures.



But he did give me photography breaks! I took this one to show how hard he was workin' unlike someone else I know!


The heifers came up. They were very intrigued with what we were doing.



They thought the grass along the old fence line was the best thing ever!


And look, the mean 'ol bull, aka Mr. Grumpy Pants, was givin' me the stink eye.


He seems to enjoy coming at me at an increased rate of speed. And when there is nothing in an open pasture between us but an imaginary fence, I don't tend to appreciate it too much.

19 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

He does have "that look " about him doesnt he.
I was impressed with the rolled up wire ,usually if I have anything to do with it is a tangled mess with parts of me or my clothing tangled in it!

Unknown said...

Ah that mean old bull. He doesn't like cookies?

Tatersmama said...

He does have a certain glint in his eye, but I have to admit that I was a little confused at first!
I was looking for a ermmm... cow "bottom" when you said "stink eye"!

But man... that fence removal? That's hard, back breaking work... and I only did 5 acres worth when I was a sweet young thing. The kids and I did it all, and we were quite proud of ourselves!

my word veri?
nurovest

I was nurovest when Mr Grumpy Pants gave me the stink eye, so I got out of there!

Mikey said...

I would be quite nervous in that pasture too. Good job on the fence too, you guys work hard. When you're done, head over this way, will ya?

The Wife said...

Oh, did you check out hubby's new palm leaf hat?! Finally got him a new one on Saturday. He's not allowed to wear it while shreddin'!

CTG Ponies said...

Love the new hat! Man, I would stay far away from that bull.

Bekah said...

haha I love how they are so excited to eat the grass they hadnt been able to reach...like it really IS greener over there!!!

Jen's Farmily said...

I think HE'S the weapon of mass destruction!!

Tami Weingartner said...

OOOOOO.....bolt cutters! Love em. Snap Snap Snap. Job with instant results. My favorite.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Documentation..Ranch History..you must be the historian..compelled to document it all!! Excellent series of photos! :)

lisa said...

I quess you did have the easy job. But don't feel bad, I let my hubby do the hard work every chance I get. I would hate to have to roll up that wire!! But someone has to take those great photo's!

Unknown said...

You did have the best job.
I wouldn't trust old Grumpy Pants & sometimes don't even trust the cows, especialy if they have calfs to defend.

kdwhorses said...

Woo hoo! Looking good! Mr. Bull is giving you the eye! LOL!

Unknown said...

Ah the grass is always greener is it not?

He does look like he is giving you the stink eye. I would keep an eye on him!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

I'm sure glad you had the easy job *giggles* isn't that always nice!! You'd better watch Mr Grumpy Pants there!

Anonymous said...

No poerlines or billboards, but I love the fence shots. Cowboy is kinda cute too. :):)

C-ingspots said...

Yikes!! Don't think I'd trust that one either...he's got determination in that look and looks like he's thinking a might too hard about something.

missy said...

love the pictures!!!!!
are you going to make some cool stuff with the old barbed-wire fence you took out?!!?!??!

Gecko said...

The heifers are GORGEOUS! One thing I have in common with my father, a massive soft spot for heifers!! =)

And I was thinking the same thing, you definetly had the better end of the deal. ;)