Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vignette #3- Dating Starts

The day after we met, the husband called and asked if I would like to go with him to a bullridin'. I was intrigued and accepted the invitation. We rode with one of his friends, Kent, to Billy Bob's. It was quite the experience for this country girl. That was the first "big" city I had ever spent any amount of time in.

This was a first date I would never forget. The arena was inside a huge bar. Never seen anything like that before. The clowns brought me down into the arena during intermission and did a bra act with me. The husband got thrown from his bull and injured his ribs. Then I was cussed by some unknown girl in the bar for reasons I still don't quite understand. What in the world had I gotten myself into?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to Billy Bob's in Fort Worth! I thought it was really neat. Even though I didn't drink or dance at that time!