Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cookie Quandary

Sometimes the husband really makes me laugh. Today was one of those days. Let me give you some background information first. The husband loves snickerdoodles. They are his favorite cookie. And he especially likes the ones from a restaurant called Braums. I just so happen to drive past a Braums on my way home from Dallas on Friday. I thought what a good treat that would be for him. So I stopped and picked up two dozen snickerdoodles. I brought them home and laid them on the kitchen counter. That evening he came in and his eyes lit up when he said, "Hey, You got me snickerdoodles. And they're from BRAUMS!" Now it has been a year or so since we've gotten them because there aren't any Braums around here. I told him it looked like the cookies were different then they were in the past. They were also packaged differently. He tested them out that night and said they were a little different but still good.

Then this morning on our way to church, the husband says out of nowhere, "Yesterday at lunch, I had a chance to really examine those snickerdoodles."

"What? Examine the cookies?" I said.

"Yes," he said. "I think I have figured out what they have done differently."

"Really...so what do you think?" I ask.

"They added molasses. It tastes kinda like a cross between a gingersnap and a snickerdoodle," he explained. "Plus, they are a darker brown. So that's what I have determined."

I never thought I would hear my husband give me a breakdown of a cookie. But apparently he had a lot of time during his lunch break at work to really put some thought into it.

So this evening, I opened up the pack and took a whiff of the snickerdoodles. You know what....they do kinda smell like gingersnaps! I believe I have a cookie connoisseur on my hands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are really enjoying your blog!

Love,

Your Cookie-Loving Cousin in California,

Aidan Bridges and his parents